Have you ever desired to have free modifiable software for developing web pages? Word Press from Word Press foundation is such a project. It is an open source Content Management system (CMS) built using MySQL and PHP. Earlier, it was developed as blogging software, but today it grown to a full fledge software offering users themes, widgets, must-have plugins for Word Press, templates, and other important blogging freedoms.
People from all over the world are contributing for its development every day, and this allows you to create your own site – from small, simple feature-rich web pages to heavy commercial sites without paying even a single penny. It is light software which needs the following minimum requirements for its operation:
- PHP version 5.2.4 and up
- MySQL version 5.0 and up
Themes can be tailored for clients, own-self, and other user by using Word Press themes API. Through these themes, outlook and functionality of web pages can be modified as per requirement. These themes once built can be shared with the Word Press community.
Thanks to the wide community of developers, more than 26,000 Word Press must-have plugins are made available, each having their own functionality.
If you are developing a web page, consider the best Word Press plugins:
- Mobile – Use this plug-in to make mobile-specific website. From Apple to BlackBerry and from Samsung to Motorola, mobile plug-ins has the support of almost every famous mobile phone company.
- Google Sitemaps Generator – More and more visitors for one’s web page is every one’s desire. By using this plug-in, you can give an index or path of your web page to search engines including Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
- Related Posts – If someone is reading one of your posts on your web page, you can engage him/her by showing him related posts. This plug-in can be useful for blogging web sites in particular.
- Backup Buddy – You can backup your important data by installing this plug-in. You can schedule regular backup and can maintain it on any FTP server or email. Download your data at the time of any disaster.
- Subscribe to Comments – Are you fed-up from daily messages or notifications from websites? You can easily unsubscribe by using this ‘Subscribe to Comments’ plug in. This plug-in also allows a commenter to subscribe for further comments.
- Contact Form – Let your users add a simple contact form including name, email, subject, message to their posts, widgets, and web pages, and easily send an e-mail with just a single click.
- Email Buddy – ‘Email buddy’ maintains a list of e-mails and allows your web users to send e-mail to multiple users. This can be very beneficial for newsletters and promotions.
- Askimet – Askimet is an API that blocks spam coming to your web page.
- All in One SEO Pack Pro – This easy to use plug-in has all the necessary tools, which can be used to manage your SEO.
The following WordPress must-have plugins for its developers can be very handy and useful. By using them, web pages can make attractive and even easier to use for site visitors.