How To Build A Powerful Social Media Marketing Campaign That Drives Results
Social media is a powerful marketing channel that can be used to drive more traffic to your website and business. Social media has become extremely popular in recent years which makes it a popular choice for business and website owners to take advantage of all that it has to offer. If you’re looking to create a powerful marketing campaign on social media, but you’re not sure where to begin, this expert guide will give you some expert tips on how to build a powerful social media marketing campaign that can drive results. Let’s get started.
Social Media Campaign Building Tips For Beginners
- Understanding Your Target Audience Better
In order to drive the best results from your social media campaign, you need to target the right people. Ask yourself, do you really know who your target audience is? If you’re unsure who exactly you should be targeting, it may be time to analyse and narrow down your audience accordingly. You can do this by audience segmentation. To start the process of audience segmentation you need to divide your ideal audience into different set categories. These include:
- Geographic locations
Each of the main categories should be filled with some or all of the information below:
- Benefits Sought
- Family size
- Marital status
- Readiness to change
- Stages of change
- Relevant behaviour
- Duration of behaviour
- Frequency of behaviour
- Consistency of behaviour
Once you’ve decided on the traits of your audience, you can then work on who your target audience is. For example: This might be one main targeted customer for a car-show information website as seen in the table below:
By understanding your target audience better, you can then work on building your social media marketing campaign directly for this audience.
2. Setup Campaign Goals
The next thing you need to build upon is your campaign goals. When considering what your campaign goals are you need to ask yourself a few questions:
- Do you want more customers to purchase from your business website?
- Are you looking to achieve more conversions from downloads/Subscriptions?
- Are you hoping to improve brand exposure?
- Do you want to increase your social media following?
Identifying your campaign goals helps you to identify the direction you need to work towards once you have worked out who your target audience is as suggested in point.
3. Choose The Right Social Media Channels
While you may like to try your hand at several different social media channels to get the results you’re after, it can leave you disheartened if you haven’t done your research first. The best social media channels are the ones that hold a high user database.
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn are some of the most popular social media platforms that can be utilised, however it’s important to realise that not all social media platforms are right for your business. You need to find the ones where you target audience would be hanging out.
Let’s do an example of the car enthusiast. So, the best place to start is by searching each social media platform for car related groups. Let’s take an example from Facebook. By searching car groups on Facebook you’ll come across these three main ones:
As you can see above, there’s a fair few people in these groups that you can target if you were a car related website. This can be done by searching each individual social media platform that you’re looking to market on to find out which ones hold the best audience base in your industry niche. This can help you to narrow down your social media channels greatly until you find one that’s suitable for your business needs.
4. Create A Powerful Content Plan
Social media marketing should include a content marketing plan, as content is an effective way to help drive and improve your results overall. When developing your content marketing plan, you need to have answers to the following questions:
- What type of content are you looking to share and post on social media?
- Who will create the content for you?
- How often are you looking to post content?
- In what ways will you promote the content on social media?
Setting up a social media editorial calendar is a great way to not only keep a track of your content but will also help your audience get to know what you’re going to publish and when as they become familiar with you.
When creating the content for your social media campaign, it’s important to remember these few basic tips:
- Make sure the content is relevant to your industry niche. There’s no point writing something that’s not related to what your audience is wanting to read.
- Check all content for grammar and spelling mistakes to make sure the content appears professional and neat. Content that has spelling mistakes won’t be taken seriously by your readers.
- If you’re writing and sharing blog posts, make sure the blog post is formatted well and contains quality and relevant images. To help break up big blocks of text use bullet points, subheadings and paragraphing.
- Make sure the information you’re trying to rely to your audience is informative and leaves them with take away tips or a sense of completion. This will help them to come back to you for their source of information.
Content is king in any type of marketing. If you have good content then your social media marketing campaign will thrive.
Social media marketing is an essential marketing choice that many people can utilize. By taking the time to really understand and plan out your marketing campaign, you’ll be able to really drive in the best results. So, are you ready to build your social media marketing campaign?