Do you currently have an Etsy store and want to increase your Etsy Sales? You have come to the right place. I will be revealing tips and tricks on how to increase your sales on Etsy for 2018. I had my fair share of success on Etsy. I just completed my one year shop anniversary in Nov 2017 and not to bragged but made over 20k in my first year. I’ve taken upon myself to create a series of Etsy tutorials sharing all of my tips to help you build a thriving business on Etsy.
Here are some AWESOME tips to help you increase your sales on Etsy for 2018.
1. Market: Is there a market for your product or service? Many businesses neglect this crucial step when opening up their Etsy shop or an existing business. How do you determine if there is a demand for your product or service in the marketplace?
– Look up your competitors in the same niche
– Determine if the market is new, growing, or mature
– Do you have tons of competitors in your niche? If so, how is your product/service different?
– Ask an expert in your niche?
– Define who is your potential target customer is?
2. Pay Attention To Your Reviews: Business reviews are increasingly growing in today’s online marketplace. It’s CRUCIAL that you pay attention to your reviews and address any positive and negatives reviews. Etsy shops who are afraid of managing their reviews are missing out and hurting potential growth in their stores. For instance, if you have a customer who leaves you a bad review, it’s essential that you address the review right away. When dealing with a bad review make sure you don’t take it personally and be as professional as possible. You should always address all bad reviews by understanding, giving empathy, and finding a resolution to their issue. This will help other potential buyers understand why the bad review was given and they will be impressed with how you handle the situation.
Also, not all bad reviews are bad some are a great in the sense that it can help you make future changes to your listing and ultimately make a lot of more customers happy and increase sales in the long run.
For example, if a customer downloads a file and doesn’t know how to change the editable file and they leave a review with their frustration they encounter this is a great opportunity to find a solution. I would fix the issue by providing all my editable downloads a tutorial cheat sheet explaining how to edit the file. The cheat sheet will come in handy by providing the customer help, avoid the chance of leaving a bad review, and help to answer any questions they might have.
You can also watch the full video here:
3. Photos: I cannot stress the importance of having clear beautiful images. The pictures will draw in potential buyers before they even read the listing title or description. As a seller your photos is one of the main components of getting the sale. The photo is essentially what is showcasing your products since the buyer doesn’t have access to anything tangible they can view and hold. ** Images are the lifeline of Etsy shops.*
Here are some tips to follow when showcasing your product:
– Use natural light and no flash
– Included a common object for scale
– Show the item being helped, worn or used
– Show against a clear, simple background
– A close-up photo that highlights your product features from different angles
– Practice, practice, and more practice
If your images are not visually appealing, you will not get any clicks, which means no SALES!
4. SEO Research: The biggest mistake you can make, as an Etsy seller is not doing the necessary grunt work of researching your keywords. So before you add any listings to your shop make sure to have profitable keywords where potential buyers can find your product or services.
My favorite tool that I currently use to find my keywords is EtsyRank.com. It’s a free service made explicitly for Etsy sellers. Make sure to read my latest post on how to research your keywords/ tags here. And you can also watch the step-by-step video that I walk you through how to find keywords here.
5. Dress Up Your Storefront: It’s crucial to look depart and stand out from all your competitors. By adding a cover photo, a shop logo, and the shop owners photo will help brand your business, build credibility, and increase sales. The most prominent shops have amazing cover photos on their shop homepage where they even expand their branding by proving their social media links and website. Don’t overlook small details, take the time to fill out the about page, story, and story headline section. Many people make a mistake to overlook these items because they simply don’t treat Etsy like a real business.
6. Listing Descriptions: The listing description plays a significant role whether you will make a sale or not. You’ll need to describe precisely what you are selling and be as detailed as possible. You are trying to attract and appeal to buyers so you want to make sure to address any possible question they might have. A well written detailed listing description is what you need to win that first impression and encourage buyers to hit the BUY button. Start with the most important details that buyers need to know first and they included specific information such as size, shape, color, shipping, etc. e
7. Pay Attention To Your Key Performance Indicators: Etsy provides you all the tools and resources to help your Etsy shop thrive. It’s important to measure and analyze your store on a quarterly basis. By reviewing your metrics, sales, and conversion rates, you will be able to know the insights of your store of what is working and what needs to be changed. You cannot grow your Etsy shop if you are not examining your Etsy metrics and having a clear understanding of what sells and what does not. A great way to increase your sales for 2018 is by measuring your top items and developing a more robust line made for those top sellers. Focusing your energy on the actual listings people are buying versus spending unnecessary time on listings that will not make you any revenue.
8. Expired Listing: As an Etsy seller is you responsibility to keep track of all expired listings. After you list an item, the item has a lifespan of four months before it expires. If you have more than one item to sell, then I recommend setting up the renewal automatic. This way you don’t forget to renew the listing and lose out on potential sales. Keep in mind that expired listings do not show up in your shop or Etsy search results.
9. You Neglect Your Shop: So you have featured items for Halloween season, but we’re now in December. When potential buyers visit your shop, they will feel like you neglect your shop and it sends them the message that you don’t take pride in your store. So why buy from someone that doesn’t make the necessary time to their business to have accurate and updated information.
10. Customer Service: I can’t tell you how many times I got a sale from simply responding to a message within minutes of receiving it. You can download the Etsy Seller App that helps you manage your store directly from your phone. The best part you will receive a notification directly on your sell phone everything you get a sale, feedback, likes, or messages. Do not answer questions with a simple yes or no, make sure you greet the potential customer, answer their questions, and thank them for simply considering your store for their purchase. Also encourage them to reach out if they have any additional questions or concerns. If the customer says, can you make this item in blue just don’t say “yes” encourage them to take a call to action to purchase the item? Here is an example:
Potential Buyer: I love your sign, but I need the font to be changed to blue. Can this be done?
Seller (YOU): Hi, I hope you’re having a good day. Yes, I can change the font color for you to blue. It would not be a problem at all. If you have a swatch of the actual color you need, you can send it over, and I will use that color. Either way, you will receive a proof before finalizing the order. If you like to proceed with the purchase, please go ahead and buy the listing and I will be more than happy to start on your order. Thank you so much for considering my shop for your design. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns.
You’re technically giving the customer a call to action on your product and trust me it WORKS! I use it as part of my marketing strategy, and it gets me tons of sales.
I hope you have enjoyed these tips to help you increase Etsy sales for 2018. Make sure to sign up for our newsletter and subscribe to my YouTube channel.