In today’s interview we are going to be talking with Rohan Chaubey from RohanChaubey.blogspot.com Rohan is a Student pursuing computer Engineering. He is an enthusiast blogger, presentation designer, and loves writing quotes.
He runs a blog which can help you understand new technologies, programming languages, social media, and personal development. He writes and considers it his mission to spread light of knowledge and optimism.
As I mentioned before, first I used to write some programming tutorials and later my blog turned into a multi-niche blog. Guest posts gave me a lot of recognition. I still get so many requests that I have to turned down 75% of them because of my time constraints. Its very hard for me to say No, but I am learning.
I remember, the very first blog post I wrote was on Tengaged[dot]com. Its a Big Brother gaming site and if I say I got inspired to blog after writing blogs on a gaming site some might feel I am joking but that’s true. I got lots of attention due to my blogs on that site and thats what inspired me to go beyond Tengaged and expand my reach.
Later, I designed a few presentations for some tech sites just took some credits and nothing else. I am still far away from being a money blogger.
3. How would someone describe your blogging style?
I fit into two blogging styles:
- Insight blogging – I share my thoughts and ideas, which later contradicts the popular opinion of the general public.
- Guest blogging – I have been constantly appearing on my friends blogs as a guest author. I am more appreciated for my guest posts than my own blog.
4. A lot of people are interested in blogging for some money earning potential. What are some tips for people interested in making money from blogging?
These days a lot of bloggers are seen entering into blogging just by getting tempted by its money making potential. But I don’t think they would last long in the race if they fail to provide value.
I am definitely not the right person to give tips on money making from blogging as I am not a money blogger. But there are tons of ways to earn from blogging, a few of them are – selling Ad spaces, Affiliates, freelance writing, Ghost writing, selling services in which you are expert in for example designing, coding, Widgets and plug-in development, and tons of other ways.
I too have helped people but for absolutely free and I have not even asked for a credit link in return. To be honest, I lack entrepreneurship qualities Lol…
5. Name some of the bloggers whom you look up to and why?
I follow and look up to those bloggers who have helped me in some or the other way. Sadly I am not a fan of those bloggers who are earning too BIG and are appearing and receiving media coverage.
Harleena ma’am, Vinay sir, Sasidhar, Swadhin, Ashu, Mi Muba sir, Donna ma’am, Sid, Niks, Ajay, Gowthama, Rahul, Umpathy, Arpit, Nirmala, Ikechi, Yatin, Apoorv, Arun, Naveen, Mahadev, Carol ma’am and my entire Aha!NOW family. And Nancy ma’am you too are a great writer/Blogger. I recently started following your blog and your writing style is quite interesting.
6. What tips can you recommend that you’d only share with a close friend about blogging?
Following are the tips I would share with my friend:
- Focus on quality and providing value; Don’t follow money, let money follow you.
- Be nice and kind; at the same time be outspoken and speak up. Be real.
- Lastly, Be Rohanlicious… Real, Optimistic, Honest, Admirable, Nice, leader, Inspirational, Creative, Insightful, Opportunistic, Unique and Selfless.
7. How are you currently monetizing your blog traffic?
I am not a money blogger. And I am not currently monetizing my blog in anyway. But I will think of it in the near future.
8. Can you give us three recommended tools/services that you use with your blogging?
- JustRetweet[dot]com for twitter shares.
- Canva for designing outstanding featured image.
- Recently I started using Google Analytics and Webmaster tool as one my friend Sasidhar recommended it to analyze my blog traffic.
9. What is next for you? What can we expect in 2015?
My blog will soon get a complete makeover this summer and I am planning something BIG but it would be better if I don’t reveal much.
10. How can readers of my blog get in touch with you?
They can catch my tweets on Twitter. I am too active there. If you use hash tag #Rohanlicious so you might get many re-tweets and favorites too. 😉
Thank you so much for this wonderful interview. All the best to you and your readers. Lets rise by lifting each other. Being #Rohanlicious.