In today’s post, we are going to discuss how to post on Pinterest. We are going to be covering the key elements of a pin, how to activate rich pins, the pros, and cons of pinning directly from Etsy, and why I create my own pins and link them to Pinterest manually.
How To Create A Pin On Pinterest
Let’s go over the key elements of a pin:
- Use only vertical images.
- Stay on brand by using your branding colors and fonts.
- Use large click-worthy headlines.
- Brand your pins by adding your Etsy URL or logo.
How To Activate Rich Pins
Rich pins add extra details to pins by adding the price, title, and description which is pulled directly from the listing.
If you ever have to make any changes to the listing pricing, title, or listing description all the pins will be updated automatically too.
It’s super helpful not having to edit every single pin manually.
Please note: Rich pins activate automatically for Etsy sellers no need to add metadata or verify anything.
The Pro’s and Con’s of Pinning Directly From Etsy
- Easy to share from Etsy.
- It automatically has the details of your rich Etsy pins like price, title, and description.
- If you ever update your listing it gets updated automatically on Pinterest.
- The image is not optimized for Pinterest and it will get lost in the Pinterest feed.
- You will most likely have fewer clicks on Pinterest.
Why I create my own pins and link them manually to Pinterest? I’m able to create perfect Pinterest images with my brand in mind that drive clicks, don’t get lost in the feed, and stand out. If you follow these tips on how to pin Etsy listings on Pinterest it will help you get tons of traffic back to your Etsy products and services. Let me know in the comments below if you enjoyed this post!
READY TO SIGN UP NOW?
Welcome to the FREE Resource Etsy Library! Join below to gain access to resources, worksheets, and checklist you can take action on today. The library will be updated occasionally and consists of free resources that are easy to follow and help take your shop to the next level. ENJOY! ????