Social media is one of the most powerful branding tools available for your business. When done right, social media can be great for gaining traffic and growing your reputation. In this post, I will be discussing how to organically grow your social media accounts.
Perfect Your Profile
First and foremost before you start working on your social media account, we need to make sure your profile is optimized. You’ve heard it before making the first impression is important and on social media, this is truer than ever. It is important to completely fill out all the profile pages across every social media platform. Your username should match your real name or business name. Fill out the “About” section and give people a brief description of yourself or your business. Make sure to include a link to your website. Include your brand logo or profile photo preferably a headshot.
Provide Quality Content
Your site content should be unique, high quality, and relevant to your niche. Providing high quality content will help attract more traffic to your site and people will most likely share your post.
Here is a list of types of content to post:
- Product highlights
- Product shots
- Flat lays
- Product info
- “How to” guide
- Holiday related
- Behind the scenes
- Blog post snippet
- Other people’s content
- Tips & tricks
Interact With Users
Etiquette in social media is very important since it can make you or break your business. The way you conduct yourself through social media channels is a direct reflection on your business.
As you begin interacting with users make sure to follow these guidelines:
- Do Not Sell Or Pitch: Social media is a great platform to connect and engage with others. If all your tweet leads to a sales pitch, people eventually will unfollow you.
- Difficult People: If you find yourself dealing with someone rude, kill them with kindness. This is the best way to deal with difficult people. Treating rude people with a professional attitude will always help you keep their negativity from overcoming you.
- Get To Know Your Audience: Your audience is the lifeblood of your business and knowing who they are will help take your business to the next level. Defining your audience will help define your target market.
- Say Thank You: I personally strive to say thank you to everyone that helps my business thrive. The power of a simple thank you to your audience cannot be underestimated. Showing appreciation produces higher levels of engagement and humility does go a long way.
- Be Helpful: Does it pay to be nice and be helpful to others? The answer is, yes. Listening to your readers and being helpful does help build a strong community of readership. The majority of my business comes through referrals. Being helpful is the most effective way to grow your business.
- Be Transparent: Social media encourages for user to be transparent. You have to be authentic on social media. People want to connect with person behind the logo. Successful brands succeed on social media because they achieve a consistent voice.
- Share Your Failures: Pointing out to your readers your share of failures will help your blog readers connect with you in a higher level. Talking about your failures and lessons learn can let your readers know your transparent and a real person behind the brand.
- Reply To Comments: When a person takes time to leave a comment you should always reply back. Make it your objective to always show your reader, how you value their feedback. Make sure to acknowledge your readers and you will be rewarded with a great online community.
Steal Your Competitors Followers
The easiest way to increase your following is stealing your competitor’s followers. The best part of this strategy is that your competitor already did all the hard work finding their target audience.
For instance, I would find competitors in my niche and start following all of their followers. These are people that have already express some level of interest in my niche because they are following my competitor.
The most important aspect of this post is to remember consistency is the key to organically growing your social media accounts. It will not happen overnight but when you least expect it your social media accounts following will start growing.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment