If you are a creative person who loves making handmade crafts, Etsy is the perfect platform for you to turn your hobby into a profitable business. With millions of buyers worldwide, Etsy provides a unique opportunity for artisans, crafters, and artists to sell their handmade products without the need for a physical storefront. But with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to decide what to sell on Etsy and make a profit.
That’s why we’ve put together a list of the top 10 things to sell on Etsy that are in high demand and can help you make money easily. From personalized gifts to home decor and jewelry, these items have proven to be popular among Etsy shoppers.
So, whether you’re a seasoned Etsy seller or just starting out, read on to discover some of the best products to sell on this creative platform and watch your business grow.
This blog post is all about things sell Etsy.
DISCLOSURE: This is a sponsored post. Through my links, I may receive a commission if you decide to make purchases at no cost for yourself! Check out our disclaimer for more info on how it works.
Ready to embark on your Etsy business journey but unsure where to begin? Join our free masterclass, where we empower you to start, manage, and scale your Etsy business into a full-time income. With our guidance, 9,000+ individuals have found success, even without a social media presence or email list. Step into the world of Etsy entrepreneurship, and let us guide you to success. Join us now!
Table of contents
- Benefits of things sell Etsy
- Factors to consider when choosing what to sell on Etsy
- Top 10 best selling items on Etsy
- How to price your products for maximum profit
- Creating attractive product listings
- Tips for promoting your Etsy shop
- Managing and fulfilling orders on Etsy
- Handling customer service and reviews
- Conclusion – Final thoughts on making money on Etsy
- Ready To Scale Your Etsy Business?
Benefits of things sell Etsy
There are many benefits to selling on Etsy. First and foremost, you have access to a large and diverse customer base. Etsy has over 81 million active buyers, with over 4 million of them being sellers themselves. This means that there is a large and engaged community of people who are interested in handmade and unique products. Additionally, Etsy is a user-friendly platform that is easy to navigate and manage. You can set up your own shop, design your own branding, and manage your inventory and orders all in one place. Etsy also provides a range of tools and resources to help you grow your business, such as analytics, advertising options, and support from a dedicated team of experts.
Factors to consider when choosing what to sell on Etsy
Before you start selling on Etsy, it’s important to consider a few factors that can help you choose what to sell. First, think about your own skills and interests. What are you passionate about making? What are you good at? It’s important to choose products that you enjoy making, as you’ll be spending a lot of time on them. Second, consider the demand for the products you’re interested in making.
Do some research to see what products are popular on Etsy and what the competition is like. Look at best-selling items in the categories you’re interested in, and read reviews to see what customers are saying about those products. Finally, think about the cost and time involved in making your products. You want to make sure that you’re pricing your products fairly and that you’re able to make a profit after accounting for the cost of materials and your time.
Top 10 best selling items on Etsy
1. Personalized gifts: Personalized gifts are always popular on Etsy, as they offer a unique and thoughtful touch. From custom mugs and phone cases to personalized jewelry and home decor, there are endless possibilities for personalized gifts.
2. Home decor: Home decor items such as wall art, throw pillows, and candles are always in demand on Etsy. Customers are looking for unique and handmade items that can add a special touch to their living spaces.
3. Jewelry: Handmade jewelry is another top-selling category on Etsy. From delicate necklaces and bracelets to statement earrings and rings, there is something for every taste and style.
4. Clothing and accessories: Clothing and accessories are also popular on Etsy, particularly items that are one-of-a-kind or vintage. Handmade clothing, hats, and bags are great options for those with a talent for sewing and design.
5. Pet supplies: Pet owners are always on the lookout for unique and high-quality products for their furry friends. From handmade pet beds and collars to personalized food bowls and toys, there is a wide range of pet supplies that can be sold on Etsy.
6. Craft supplies: If you’re a crafter yourself, consider selling craft supplies on Etsy. From fabric and yarn to beads and buttons, there is a large market for high-quality and unique craft supplies.
7. Wedding decor and accessories: The wedding industry is a lucrative one, and Etsy offers a great platform for selling handmade wedding decor and accessories. From customized wedding invitations and favors to bridal jewelry and hair accessories, there are many options for those with a talent for creating beautiful and unique wedding items.
8. Artwork and prints: Artwork and prints are always in demand on Etsy, particularly those that are original and one-of-a-kind. From paintings and drawings to digital prints and photography, there is a large market for unique and high-quality artwork.
9. Vintage items: Vintage items are always popular on Etsy, particularly those that are rare or hard to find. From vintage clothing and jewelry to antique home decor and furniture, there is a large market for vintage goods on Etsy.
10. Bath and beauty products: Handmade bath and beauty products such as soaps, lotions, and bath bombs are also popular on Etsy. Customers are looking for natural and high-quality products that are made with care and attention to detail.
How to price your products for maximum profit
Pricing your products can be a tricky business, but there are a few things to keep in mind that can help you maximize your profits. First, make sure that you’re accounting for the cost of materials and your time when setting your prices. You want to make sure that you’re making a fair profit for your efforts.
Second, research the competition to see what other sellers are charging for similar products. You don’t want to price yourself out of the market, but you also don’t want to undervalue your work.
Third, consider offering discounts or promotions to attract customers and boost sales. Finally, be willing to adjust your prices over time as you gain more experience and feedback from customers.
Creating attractive product listings
Your product listings on Etsy are your virtual storefront, so it’s important to make them as attractive and appealing as possible. Start by taking high-quality photos of your products in good lighting. Show the product from multiple angles and include close-up shots to highlight any details or features.
Write clear and concise descriptions that highlight the unique features of your product and any customization options that are available. Use relevant keywords and tags to help your products show up in search results. Finally, make sure that your pricing and shipping information is clear and easy to understand.
Tips for promoting your Etsy shop
Promoting your Etsy shop is key to attracting new customers and growing your business. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
– Use social media to showcase your products and connect with potential customers.
– Participate in Etsy teams and forums to network with other sellers and learn from their experiences.
– Offer discounts or promotions to encourage repeat business and attract new customers.
– Consider running ads on Etsy or other platforms to increase visibility and attract new customers.
– Use email marketing to keep your customers informed about new products and promotions.
Managing and fulfilling orders on Etsy
Once you start making sales on Etsy, it’s important to have a plan in place for managing and fulfilling your orders. Use Etsy’s built-in tools to manage your inventory and orders, and make sure that you’re keeping track of any customization requests or special shipping instructions from customers. Ship your orders promptly and provide tracking information to keep your customers informed. Finally, follow up with customers after their orders have been delivered to ensure that they are satisfied with their purchases.
Handling customer service and reviews
Customer service is key to building a successful Etsy business. Make sure that you’re responding promptly and courteously to any inquiries or concerns from customers. If a customer has a problem with their order, work with them to find a solution that will satisfy both parties. Encourage customers to leave reviews of your products and shop, as positive reviews can help attract new customers and build trust with potential buyers. Finally, be willing to learn from any negative feedback and use it to improve your products and customer service.
Conclusion – Final thoughts on making money on Etsy
Selling on Etsy can be a rewarding and profitable experience for creative people who love making handmade crafts.
By choosing the right products to sell, pricing them fairly, creating attractive listings, promoting your shop, and providing excellent customer service, you can build a successful and sustainable business on this unique platform.
So, whether you’re a seasoned Etsy seller or just starting out, take the time to research your options, hone your craft, and build your brand on Etsy. Who knows? You might just be the next success story on this vibrant and creative platform. I hope you enjoyed these post which is all about things sell Etsy.
Ready To Scale Your Etsy Business?
If you’re considering starting your own Etsy store but unsure about which products to offer, my signature course, the Etsy Mastery Course, is your ultimate guide. Learn how to start, manage, and scale your Etsy business to a full-time income.