Elevate your company new heights using social media sites. Social media is one of the most powerful branding tools available for your business. I have composed a list of 12 most popular social networking sites.
What Are Social Networking Sites?
Lets begin with a brief description of what are social networking sites. According to Wikipedia a social networking service is a platform to build social networks or social relations among people who share interests, activities, backgrounds or real life connections.
List of Social Networks
1. Facebook: is a social utility that connects people with friends and other who work, study, and live around them.
Benefits of Using Facebook:
- You can reach over 1 billion people
- Taget demographic
- Gain new customers
- Over 1.39 billion active users
- 4.5 Billion likes generated daily
- Photo uploads total 300 million per day
- 16 Million local business have been added since May 2013
- 7.5 Million promoted post since May 2013
2. Twitter: Is an online social networking site that lets you send and read short message of about 140 characters called, “tweets.”
Why Should Your Business Use Twitter?
- Lets you connect with customers
- Branding Awareness
- Customer Feedback
- Increases Sales
- Brand Loyalty
3. Meetup: Find meetups and meet people in your local community who share your interest. There are more than 2,000 groups you can join to meet in various locations around the world. These groups get together in their local communities to discuss different ways of improving themselves.
4. Ning: Is an online platform for people and organizations to create custom social networks. Build and cultivate your own community of readers.
Benefits of Using Ning:
- Community Features
- Publishing Tools
- Social Integrations
- Smartphone & Tablet Ready
- Customer Design & URL
5. LinkedIn: Build and engaged with your professional networks with over 300 million members. The worlds largest professional network.
Benefits of Using LinkedIn For Your Business:
- Let’s people know who you are
- Let’s others endorse your for skills
- Get recommendations from past work
- Show off projects
- Drive traffic to your site
6. MyLife: Is a leading company that helps protect your reputation and privacy online. This company will scan the Internet and find all your private information that has been exposed online. They will then help you choose what information you want to make public or keep private. Customize your profile, controlling your image, and how you appear to the world.
Social Media Websites
7. Pinterest: Is a visual discovery tool that you can use to find ideas for all your projects and interests.
Benefits of Using Pinterest for Your Business:
- Drives Traffic
- Connects and Develops Relationships
- Brand Awareness
- Increase Visibility & Build
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Reinforces Brand
8. Google Plus: If you local business doesn’t have a presence on Google Plus then you are missing out. The main reason why your business should use Google + is owned and operated by Google. Since its own by Google any post you share will have significant impact on search rankings.
Benefits of Using Google Plus:
- Increase Authority
- Influence of Your Company
- Brand Awareness
- Link Building
- Get Content Index Immediately
9. Instagram: Is a great tool for business to show case their products and services through images and short videos.
Benefits of Using Instagram For Your Business:
- Brand Awareness
- Fan Engagement
- 150 Million Users
- Visual Marketing
- Drive Traffic
10 Vine: is the best way to see and share life in motion. Create short, beautiful, looping videos in a simple and fun way for your friend and family.
Benefits of Using Vine With Your Business:
- Show your products in action
- Educate your audience
- Engage with your audience
- Promote yourself
11. Flickr: Flickr is almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world.
12. Tumblr: Is a micro-blogging platform that allows users to post multi media and other content to a short form blog. This platform acts as a social media network making it easily to share all sorts of content.
Benefits of Using Tumblr:
- SEO Boost
- Use Custom Domain Name
- Optimized for Mobile
[box type=”note”]I hope you have enjoy the 12 most popular social networking sites. Join our newsletter today to receive free online marketing tips. [/box]