Are you wondering what pages to include in your website? You have come to the right place. I have enlisted 20 essential pages to include in your website. Planning is the key element when it comes to building a successful website. Make sure to develop your website blueprint of what you want to include, this will ensure it comes out the best it can be.
The objective of this post is to build a successful website where consumers can get value, feel secure when shopping on your site, and create a thriving business.
Pages To Include In Your Website
1. Home Page: The home page is the most visited page in your website. The home page should include all the important pages. The home page should also include a brief summary of your site, be engaging, include any sales pitch, and the most crucial part grab your users attention within a short amount of time. First impressions are crucial to the success of your website.
2. Services: This is your opportunity to provide information on all your services. Make sure to provide a summary of the services and list them in order with a full description. If you have a large number of services make sure to break down your services into sections. Another great way of breaking down your services is placing them on different categories. Include as much information you can provide about your services.
3. Products: Adding a product page gives your business the opportunity to showcase information about your products. Make sure to provide a full description of your products. The more information you can provide the better chance of selling your products. When people shop online they usually want to know everything NOW, they do not want to email or call your company. For the most part, people are impatient and what information at the given moment.
4. Contact Us: Make it easy for your customers to contact you. Place contact information as many places as you can in your website. The contact us can be a page in your header, add a link in your footer, place links on the sidebars, etc…
The contact us form should include:
- Business Name
- Physical Address
- Mailing Address
- Emergency Number
- Website Address
5. Pricing: Be transparent on your website and include price of your product/services whenever possible. There is thought to be stigma around including prices on a website. If you find yourself not wanting to include prices then I recommend adding a price range.
- Tell your customers how their information will be used by your company
- Tell your customers what personal information is collected
- Explain any transferred of information to third party companies
- Give instructions on how users can modify their personal information
- Give instructions on how users can opt out of future communication
- Use a secure processing server when collecting credit cards numbers, bank details, and personal information
7. Testimonials: Adding testimonials is a very effective marketing tool to show your potential clients that your are trustworthy company. Testimonials speaks volume for potential clients it lets them know your company is reliable and offer great services/products.
8. Frequently Asked Questions: A good FAQ makes your website a better resource for customers to find information quickly. Having FAQ page gives users a chance to answer their own question with out the need to email or call your company. Ultimately saving you money and possibly landing a potential client.
9. Response Form: Growing your mailing list is one of the most effective marketing technique. Every business should include some sort of response form where your readers can subscribe to receive special promotions and emails from your business. Email marketing is a powerful way to connect to people.
If you are a business owner and want to build ton of traffic to your site then you definitely want to invest in list building. You can you email listing services such as Aweber.
10. Online Magazine: Starting your own online magazine is a great way to build credibility. It establishes you as an expert in your field and even generate extra income on the side.
11. Resources/Articles: A great way to add value to your website is by adding resources/articles. Include resources/articles relevant to your business and this will help bring in more organic clicks and potentially new clients.
12. About Us: The about us page is one of the biggest component of your website. The page should include a brief description of your business, products, and services. The about us page helps build credibility and increase trust into your organization.
The about us page can include the following:
- Mission Statement
- Details of The Staff
- Photos of The Organization
- Recently Completed Projects
13. Guarantee: No better way to instill confidence when customer is purchasing a transaction for the seller to offer a money back guarantee.
14. Survey: Make it easy for your customers to voice their opinion about your products/services. A great way to retain valuable feedback from your customer is by providing them a survey to fill out about your services.
15. Search Box: Add a search box to your website to improve navigation. The search box will make it easier for users to navigate your website.
16. Return/Refund Policy: Make sure your policy for return or refund policy isn’t hidden away. Post your return policy on your website and let your buyers know way to do if they’re unhappy with their purchase.
17. Site Map: By implementing site map in conjunction with your website helps your visitors have a clear idea of how the site is laid out. Using site maps make it easier for users to navigate and better visibility by search engines.
18. Online Store: Internet has revolutionized the way we do our shopping. If your business has products to sell there are many benefits of including an online store to your website.
19. Blog: There are a wide range of benefits for business that add blogs to their website. Using a blog is a key element of online marketing. The blog will add value to your customers by adding articles complimentary to your business.
20. Social Media Integration: Integrating a social media experience to your website will drive more traffic, increase backlinks, and increase your site value. Your website and social media platforms will work together for maximize online exposure.
[box type=”note”]Following these 20 essential pages to include in your website will help build a successful website. Join my newsletter to receive free online marketing tips and tricks directly into your mailbox. Feel free to leave a comment with any questions or additional pages you might include in your website. [/box]
Really great information for us. This is very useful for us. All points are very useful for us. Thanks for the good information.
Great list! Another page you should have is a get started page. Great for people new to your site so they can catch up and find your best content quickly!
Thank you for leaving a comment. I do agree that adding a get started page will be great addition for my blog. Thank you for the suggestion. I will be adding this in the near future.
Comment…thank you Nancy, great page, i have learnt a lot from it.
Thank you for leaving a comment. Thanks for the wonderful feedback! It’s greatly appreciated.
This is really a cool tips for both newbies and pro blogger alike. You have a wounderful content here and I can say that you have build yourself a good reputation in blogsphere, I will keep in touch.
Great list of pages!
Since I am a blogger, what do you suggest which pages should I have up? I don’t sell anything yet but I only write.
Would love to know of your opinion!
the article is great, all key points are great, although depending on the type of the site and business the relevancy and importance of each page you point out may vary. And I do have a suggestion: “Areas We Cover” page. For a business web-site where customers are served at their premises, an “Areas We Cover” page is also very important, thus showing your customers the service areas of your business.
Thank you for the great ideas to work on. I haven’t had time to focus on my blog/website because I was designing new items and going to the coast to gather materials and to have beach time!
In the beginning, it can be quite over whelming. As you do it more then everything will be become easier. Let me know if you have any questions only your blog. I will be more than happy to answer any questions.
This is such a great list. I never thought about having a survey page before. Do you SEO all of these pages?
Hello, There have been times of asking ‘Just how many tabs should a website have?’ Well you have placed the essentials.
This page is important to save in my notes. Thank you
I think now a days it is also highly advisable that website contains an explainer video that makes visitor stay longer on your website!
That’s an awesome tip! I will need to look into this. Thanks for sharing!