It happens to every Etsy Seller – you have those amazing busy months, when your life consists of completing orders and shipping them out, and don’t have time for anything else. All suddenly the rush of the busy month starts to dwell down and you wake up to crickets.
If your business is seasonal, it’s important to learn how to maximize your profits during busy times. How do you maximize your profits? You do this by taking advantage of the slow months and work on any opportunities for improvements for your Etsy shop.
A slow period is just another opportunity to set your shop for successful when the next busy peak times come around again. Let’s take a look at 50 to-dos when your Etsy shop is slow.
Things you should do in your slow months on Etsy
- Reconnect with existing and previous customers
- Take your process offline
- Work with bloggers
- Market your business
- Ask for help
- Take some necessary downtime
- Add a shop update
- Offer seasonal discounts
- Work on your SEO on your lowest listings
- Create new products
- Create a new shop banner
- Update to Etsy Plus
- Work on your Pinterest account
- Run a contest
- Get your workspace organized
- Learn something new
- Take a business course
- Make a new email line-up
- Do some bookkeeping
- Start a website
- Work on your current website
- Update you’re about me section
- Update your shipping policies
- Update your listing descriptions and add SEO tags to optimize each listing
- Contact other shops for wholesale pricing
- Work on your social media presence
- Develop a skill
- Survey existing customers
- Survey employees
- Strengthen important relationships
- Get a new logo
- Work on your online reputation
- Work on building a brand
- Polish up your site
- Work on product photography
- Plan your marketing calendar for the rest of the year
- Create an email autoresponder
- Start your mailing list
- Start a coupon campaign
- Start advertising your business on Google
- Conduct a SWOT analysis
- Update your profile photo
- Start a YouTube channel
- Find a new podcast for business
- Clean up your email
- Organize your work station
- Organize your shipping station
- Read a business book
- Develop a renewal strategy
- Create a robust line around a popular product you sale
I hope this massive list of things to do when your Etsy Shop is slow came in handy. Let me know what you do in the slow months in the comment area below. I would love to hear from you!
Thank you! Love you!
You’re so welcome. Thank you so much for your feedback.
Hi, Nancy this article is very fruitful for maximum profit in off season of business, It really helpful to organize you business and increase profit. thanks for sharing valuable ideas.
Thanks for the feedback!
This has been a really wonderful article.
It’s very awesome post or article. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Absolutely great posting. I actually happy when i done this topic. I am excited world have a excellent author. Always i am waiting for next reading. Thanks a lot for great posting share.
Thanks for taking time to leave a comment. I am glad you enjoyed the post.
This is a great post, I love this article, thanks for sharing, I will come back to read such information
I’m glad you enjoyed the post. Thanks for the feedback.
Thank you so much for sharing this blog.
You’re so welcome!