As a small business owner and selling on an e-commerce platform like providing good quality customer experience are pivotal for the success of your Etsy shop.
I can’t tell you how many times I have gotten a sale from simply responding to a message with great customer service.
What does it mean to provide excellent customer service on Etsy?
It means you listen, respond in a friendly manner, and you go above and beyond what the customer expects because you want this to be the best experience they have ever had. When you do with all of your customers you will start getting repeat customers, they will sign-up for your email list, and start getting amazing reviews without needing to ask.
Let’s go over all 8 ways to go the extra mile with your Etsy customer service:
- Etsy Seller App: Download the Etsy Seller App, it lets you easily manage your business on the go. You’ll be able to respond to customers, see your shop stats, and manage your orders. The best part of the app is being able to see any messages from potential buyers and not missing an opportunity to provide great customer service and potentially close out the sale. You can respond to Etsy messages to buyers directly from the app.
2. Respond to inquiries as quickly as possible: How quickly you respond to customer inquiries can have an impact on your sales. It’s important to respond as quickly as possible not only to possibly get the sale but it’s one of the core attributes of customer service. I have had so many sales from simply responding to an inquiry in a fast-timely manner. I know its hard at times to manage on time due to having a full-time job and other responsibilities but take advantage of having the Etsy seller app.
3. Fix Your Mistakes: If you find yourself making a mistake is important to fix it and take ownership. Transparency is important in a business and it’s okay to say, we made a mistake, and here are the steps we’re taking to fix it. Always strive to go out of your way by not only providing a resolution to fix the issue but offering something of value. Maybe you can waive the shipping fee or throw in something extra in the order as a thank you.
4. Go the extra mile: Another great way to build loyal customers is going the extra mile. Make it a habit of going the extra mile with every customer it will help you beat the competition and keep yourself on the radar for future business.
Here are some examples of how you can go the extra mile:
- Be proactive by following up with any issues
- Respond quickly to inquiries
- Show appreciation by saying thanking your new customers after a sale
- Always deliver more than expected
- Make it personal by responding to your customers by the first name
- Prioritize your customers’ time
- Say thank you even when they don’t buy from you
- Be generous to your most loyal customers
- Show empathy when needed
- Don’t wait for opportunities to keep in touch with your customers
- Sent out Etsy thank you notes to buyer
- Show interest in people
- Focus on the customer’s needs
- Always respond with a positive attitude
5. Thanking your customers: I am sure you’ve heard of sending thank you cards to customers is a great way to make a positive impression and an easy way to show appreciation. Many Etsy Sellers miss the opportunity to build loyal customers by not taking the time to say thank you. A thank you note is such an effective way to provide excellent customer service without taking up a lot of time and effort. The Etsy thank you note to buyers should be simple and give them thanks for doing business and you look forward to doing business with them in the near future.
Here are some Etsy messages to buyers examples:
You can say thanks and offer a discount for the next purchase. It would sound something like this:
Thank you for your purchase! We hope you enjoy your order! Here’s 10% off your next purchase with the code: Discount10 Have feedback? Please let us know what you think! You would add your shop URL.
Another Etsy message to buyers example can be something simple like this:
Thank you for visiting us and making your first purchase! We’re glad that you found what you were looking for. It is our goal that you are always happy with what you bought from us, so please let us know if your buying experience was anything short of excellent. We look forward to seeing you again. Have a great day!
Etsy seller thank you notes will help stand out from your competitors and get HAPPY repeated customers.
6. Show empathy: Learning to be empathetic will help you provide excellent customer service and make you stand out from your competitors. When a customer has a problem with an order is your job to make them feel heard, respected, and understood.
Here are some steps you can take to show empathy and win over the customer:
- Recap everything the customer just told you so they know you understand
- Make it your problem
- Allow them to vent
- Be respectful of their feelings when responding
- Put yourself in the customer’s shoes
- Meet their expectations
- Show that you care
- Thank them for allowing you to resolve their issues
- Ask questions to better help
- Find a resolution
- Give options and suggestions
- Go the extra mile
7. Offer suggestions: Another way to take your customer service to the next level is by offering other products or services after a sale. If you have a customer who just recently purchase a wedding sign from your shop it’s a great practice to let them know you have matching items that go with that particular product. It doesn’t always guarantee a sale but it’s a way of ensuring great customer service.
8. Ask for feedback: If you want to grow your Etsy business, you need to seek input from others. It doesn’t matter if you feel like you’re doing an exceptional job there is always room for improvement. Ask your customers for feedback and be clear that you want honest feedback and do your best to understand things from their perspective and not take it personally.
If you follow all these steps, REALLY take time to understand what it means to provide excellent customer service, download the Etsy sellers app, and make it your mission to always provide excellent Etsy customer service all the time no matter the situation, you will reap the benefits! Let me know what tips you can share with your customer service in the comments below!
thank you note etsy, thank you for your purchase etsy, message to buyers etsy, message to buyers etsy example
And if you haven’t already, make sure you check out our FREE resources!
- Follow me on Instagram: @nancybadillo13
- Check out my YouTube HERE for more tips
- Join my FREE Facebook Group Daily Etsy Seller Tips
Rooting for you!
P.S. Have you attended my free masterclass yet to help you scale your Etsy business to the next level with my 4 step framework for a profitable Etsy shop. If not, CLICK HERE to register before seats fill up.