Hi Guys! I am super excited to be featuring today AmberStudios. The shop owner is Barbara Rosen. Take a look at her Etsy journey to get some inspiration and don’t forget to leave a comment below.
1. Please tell us what you make and how you got into selling on Etsy?
I design and produce one of a kind clothing and accessories made from upcycled and vintage materials. I was a pioneer in the field of Slow Fashion in 2009. I started to sell on Etsy ten years ago that was only one handmade selling platform available on the internet.
2. A lot of people are interested in starting a business on Etsy for some money earning potential. What are some tips for people interested in making money from Etsy?
1.To have a unique product that solves customers problems or needs. 2. Create something amazing that customers never knew that they need it. 3. In this age of faceless corporations be an example of friendly customer service( read my reviews).
3. What have you had to overcome to make Etsy successful? Did you have to learn any new skills, hire help, etc.?
I’m learning new things every week. ( google algorithm, SEO, social media, bookkeeping). I trained a few people how to felt, embroider, hand dyed with plants and sew.
4. What is your favorite thing about your business?
Felting machine, Canva, and Photofox.
5. How are you currently driving traffic to your Etsy Shop?
Get published, get my work to the museum, doing workshops and meeting the most inspiring humans- my customers!
6. What is your favorite social media platform to promote your products/services and why?
Etsy promoted listings, Pinterest, FB, and Instagram.
7. What is next for you? What can we expect in 2020?
Art to wear Summer collection.
8. How can readers of my blog get in touch with you?
Thank you, Barbara for sharing your amazing story!