This blog post is all about Etsy Vacation Mode, when it is proper to use it, and how to activate vacation mode.
Are you an Etsy seller who is going on vacation? Or, are you just looking for a way to take a break from Etsy? If so, then you’ll want to read on!
In this blog post, I’ll show you how to activate Etsy vacation mode. This will allow your customers to still shop with you, but it will also protect your shop from any negative feedback or other penalties that might occur if it’s left inactive.
What is Etsy Vacation Mode
You can put your shop on Etsy vacation mode to avoid taking orders while you’re away. This will not show any new listings and remove them from search during that time frame as well.
When should I use vacation mode
When you are unable to manage your shop in the usual way, it is important that we take a break. This will allow us time for orders and other tasks so please use vacation mode when necessary.
There are many reasons you might want to use Etsy vacation mode.
- You are not feeling well
- Taking time out for family
- Giving birth (I did this back in April of 2018)
- Unplanned emergencies
How to turn on vacation mode
Vacation mode is a great way to give yourself a much needed break from the daily grind.
When you’re ready to active Etsy vacation mode click settings, option, and vacation mode.
Message to buyers example
When setting up the vacation mode, I recommend writing an announcement that will replace the current one inside your shop!
Here is an example:
Thank you for stopping by! We (Shop name) are taking a short break. If you have any questions, I am still answering messages via Etsy. We will be opening back up on October 1st.
– Your name
Should I put my Etsy shop on vacation
The biggest concern many Etsy sellers face is not wanting to place their shop on vacation because it affects their ranking on Etsy.
And yes, this does happen but getting caught up with orders or taking a much-needed break is the best thing you can do at times during your Etsy business.
Will this affect my shop
It’ll affect your rankings when you come back. Depending on the length of time it takes for search traffic to return, maybe 3 days or months before pre-vacation mode levels are reached again
What happens when you take a break from Etsy
Etsy is no longer collecting data on how customers search and interact with your products. As a result, Etsy will not show your products in the search results.
Based on customer engagement, clicks, and purchases, Etsy determines where your product will place in the search placement, but if you’re no longer showing up in the search engine, you lose placement in the search engine.
How long should I keep my shop on vacation mode
To ensure the best possible experience for your customers, it’s important that you take some time off.
As with any business or job commitment there are pros and cons depending on how long in vacation mode – anything from just one day all up until a few weeks.
It really depends on your needs and what is best for you.
Other alternatives to Etsy vacation mode
Running a business is tough work, and it can be easy to get caught up in the daily tasks that keep your store running.
But what if there was an alternative?
We know how much effort goes into maintaining our shops – not just ordering new inventory or shipping existing products out we want everything perfect for every customers.
- Can you hire help? You can delegate easy tasks like managing orders and messages if you get virtual assistance. This will give you more time to do other things.
- Extend processing time, which will give you more time to complete orders without setting up your shop on vacation mode.
- Remove listings that take a long time to create this will give you a break without necessarily placing your shop in vacation mode.
When you return from vacation mode
Make sure you take your time before turning off vacation mode for your shop. It’s essential to take your time and understand it and take a few days to start seeing traffic come to your Etsy shop and get any sales.
Here are a couple of things you can do to get some traction:
- Renew listings – this gives you a small boost in the search engine.
- When fixing an old listing – make sure to edit, make a copy, and publish it as a new listing so you can get a boost.
- Add new products – tell Etsy you’re back by adding new products
- Run a sale – anyone that has liked your shop or listings will get a notification in their dashboard.
- Send out an email – let your ravings fans know you’re back again.
- Promote on social – let your audience know days beforehand when you plan to open up the shop again.
Here’s a quick recap of everything we cover on this blog post:
- What is Etsy Vacation Mode
- When should I use vacation mode
- How to turn on vacation mode
- Message to buyers example
- Should I put my Etsy shop on vacation
- Will this affect my shop
- What happens when you take a break from Etsy
- How long should I keep my shop on vacation mode
- Other alternatives to Etsy vacation mode
- When you return from Vacation mode
Have you ever placed your Etsy shop on vacation mode? Share your experience with others below!
And if you haven’t already, make sure you check out our FREE resources!
- Follow me on Instagram: @nancybadillo13
- Check out my YouTube HERE for more tips
- Join my FREE Facebook Group Daily Etsy Seller Tips
Rooting for you!
P.S. Have you attended my free masterclass yet to help you scale your Etsy business to the next level with my 4 step framework for a profitable Etsy shop. If not, CLICK HERE to register before seats fill up.