Did you know you can add a text alternative to your listing images so that your content is accessible to blind and low-vision individuals?
It’s essential to add the image description for each of your listings so that your content is accessible to everyone.
In today’s blog post, I will be explaining what makes a great image description, how to add the text alternative, I also wanted to let you guys know it positively impacts your listing’s search engine optimization as well.
Etsy Alt Text
Let’s start with how to write a great image description:
The best practices that Etsy recommends when it comes to writing the image description is to:
- Describe your product details: What it looks like, the texture, and the scale related to other items in your photograph.
- Think about what buyers would lose out on if your images didn’t load on the page.
- Keep the description concise: up to 250 characters.
Watch the video below to learn how to add your Etsy Alternative Text.
So there you have it how to add alt text to your listing images.
And if you haven’t already, make sure you check out our FREE resources!
- Follow me on Instagram: @nancybadillo13
- Check out my YouTube HERE for more tips
- Join my FREE Facebook Group Daily Etsy Seller Tips
Rooting for you!
P.S. Have you attended my free masterclass yet to help you scale your Etsy business to the next level with my 4 step framework for a profitable Etsy shop. If not, CLICK HERE to register before seats fill up.