In todays interview we are going to be talking with Kulwant Nagi from BloggingCage.Com
1. Hi Kulwant, can you tell my readers and me more about yourself? What do you do in the world of online marketing for anyone who isn’t already familiar?
My full name is Kulwant Nagi; A blogger from Haryana, India. I started my blogging journey 2 years back when one of my friends told me about generating online leads. I was doing my online business with a company (My Video Talk) and the main motto of our business was to bring more people and help them make more money.
If they were achieving their goal to make money then ultimately our goals were getting fulfilled. So I started my blogging career in September, 2011 with the intention to get some online leads and to make more money online.
After getting little more knowledge about blogging I started my blog Blogging Cage on 15th January, 2012. So my actually journey of blogging started on that day.
2. When and where did you make your first dollar in Internet Marketing?
I don’t exactly remember the time but it must be somewhere after 2-3 months when I sold my blog in just $30. It took me 7 months to make my first dollar from my blog.
This amount gave me confidence to pursue my career in blogging.
3. What strategies are Evergreen and help generating revenue month after month despite what some big search does?
I always support authority as compared to all other online money making techniques.
It is as same as becoming bestselling author of any book and then getting too many people buying your upcoming books.
Blogging is all about becoming an authority in any field and helping people at your best level. If you are not solving problems and not helping people then you don’t deserve to be called as a blogger.
I have seen many people making money by building AdSense based websites or some event based websites but we all know the outcome very well. Such websites might give you short term money and that money might be very huge but you cannot use same techniques for long term.
If you really want to generate revenue months after months then start working on making your online identity and help as many people as you can.
4. What is your biggest online marketing challenge?
For me (and for everyone) the biggest online marketing challenge is to bring more visitor on website. Like we need air to breathe, in the same way a website needs traffic to survive.
If you are writing damn awesome content, adding attractive images in your articles, making informative videos for people but if people are not coming on your blog then it’s all waste.
So for me it’s TRAFFIC.
5. What are your top “must follow” Internet marketing blogs?
6. How do you communicate your trustworthiness?
I always be ready to help people.
7. What is the biggest mistake I can avoid starting out in Internet Marketing?
I have seen that people are rushing for making backlinks for their blogs and they just want to try all backlinking methods. Don’t do this if you want to survive for long term in this fast changing Google algorithm updates.
Don’t follow people blindly. Do proper research before taking final decision.
8. How can we find out what you audience is really looking for?
For this I did one experiment on Blogging Cage. I divided this into three categories.
- Generic Articles
- Personal Experience Articles
I started by writing generic articles on my blog where I was addressing all people and explaining the things in very generic way.
I saw that very few people were coming on my blog when I was writing such articles.
In second phase I started writing very basic tutorials on my blog. Again I saw that few more people as compared to generic articles started showing interest in my articles.
In third phase I started writing personal articles and this experiment amazed me. Here not only I started getting more people on my blog but they started sharing my content on social media sites and my articles started getting mentioned on other blogs.
Here are few examples of such articles.
- How I Attracted 173,509 Visitors On My 3 Months Old Blog
- How Am I Getting High PR Backlinks Using Scrapebox?
- How Am I Getting $0.01-$0.03 Penny Clicks on Facebook Ads?
- Why I Left My Full-time Job and Became Professional Blogger
So you can do various experiments to get right audience on your blog.
9. What is next for Kulwant, What can we expect this coming year?
I am working on one e-commerce website which will go live in mid-2014. On my blog you can expect some premium courses and tutorials.
On 15th February we are going to launch world’s biggest SEO plugins named WP Full SEO. So be ready for that. 😉
10. What area of online marketing do you consider yourself an expert in?
I don’t consider myself expert in anything. I am still in learning phase and trying various methods to find one ultra-smart method which can be scaled up at a very good level.