Are you an Etsy seller who’s considering changing your shop name? Choosing the right name is essential, but it’s not always easy. The good news is that Etsy allows you to change your shop name, but before you do, there are some important things to consider.
In this blog post, we’ll guide you on what you need to know before changing your Etsy shop name, how to change your Etsy shop name, how to find Etsy shop names and the rules you need to follow when choosing a name. So, let’s get started and make sure your Etsy shop name is just perfect!
This blog post is all about what you need to know before changing your Etsy shop name.
DISCLOSURE: This is a sponsored post. Through my links, I may receive a commission if you decide to make purchases at no cost for yourself! Check out our disclaimer for more info on how it works.
Brainstorm Names For Etsy Shops
Choosing the right name for your Etsy shop is an important step towards building a strong brand identity. It is equally important to consider certain factors when you decide to change the name of your Etsy shop. Here are some things to consider when brainstorming a new name for Etsy shop or changing your existing one:
- Consider your store’s mission: Your shop name on Etsy should reflect what your store is about. It should give potential customers an idea of what to expect from your store. If your store specializes in handmade jewelry, your shop name should reflect that. For example, “Beaded Beauty” is a good name for a handmade jewelry store. This is how you can choose the best store name.
- Keep it short and easy to remember: A short and catchy name is easy for customers to remember and is more likely to stick in their minds. A name that is too long or complex may be difficult to remember or spell. For example, “Hippopotamus Creations” might be too long and hard to spell for customers to easily remember.
- Think about how it translates to design: Your Etsy shop name should be easily incorporated into your store’s logo and branding. Consider how the name will look in your store’s banner, product images, and other branding materials. A name that is too long or difficult to incorporate into your store’s design may not be the best choice for considering change Etsy name.
- Check for trademarks: Make sure the name you choose is not already trademarked by another company. You can search for trademarks online at the United States Patent and Trademark Office website.
- Think about your Etsy brand: Consider how the name will grow with your store. Will the name still make sense if your store expands into new product categories? Is the name unique enough to stand out from competitors? Will the name limit your store’s growth in the future?
Now that you know what to consider when brainstorming a new name for your Etsy shop or changing your existing one, here are some examples of great Etsy shop names:
- The Golden Carrot: This shop name is short, easy to remember, and reflects the store’s mission of selling organic skincare products.
- The Silver Lining: This name is catchy and memorable and could work well for a store selling handmade home decor items.
- Olive and Linen: This name is unique and stands out from competitors. It works well for a store selling home textiles and linens.
Finally, it’s important to remember that your Etsy shop name is a key component of your brand identity. Choose a name that reflects your store’s mission and personality and is memorable and unique. With a little creativity and some careful consideration, you can come up with a name for your Etsy shop that will help your store stand out and attract customers.
Please consider all of these things about what you need to know before changing your Etsy shop name.
How Many Times Can You Change Etsy Shop Name?
It is important to carefully choose your Etsy shop name change because there is a limit on the number of times you can change it. After your store is active, you can only modify the name up to five times. Once you have reached the maximum number of changes, you cannot modify it any further.
How to Change Your Etsy Shop Name: A Step-by-Step Guide
Here are the steps you must take when changing your Etsy shop name:
1. Sign in to your Etsy account and go to “Shop Manager.”
2. From the left-side menu, click on “Settings” and select “Info and Appearance.”
3. Scroll down and look for “Shop Name” under the “Basic Info” section.
4. Click the “Edit” button next to your current shop name.
5. Type in your new shop name and click “Save.”
6. Etsy will verify that your new name is available. If it is, you’ll be prompted to confirm the change.
7. Click “Request Change” to submit the new shop name.
8. Wait for Etsy to approve your new shop name. This can take up to 48 hours.
9. Once approved, your new shop name will appear on your storefront and in search results.
Remember to choose a name that complies with Etsy’s guidelines and is not already in use by another seller. Also, keep in mind that you can only Etsy change shop name up to 5 times, so choose wisely!
Rules To Follow When Changing Store Name
Before changing your Etsy shop name, it is important to be aware of the rules and limitations set by Etsy. Here are some things to keep in mind when changing Etsy name:
1. Your shop name can only contain letters, numbers, spaces, and underscores.
2. Special characters such as hashtags, dollar signs, and exclamation points are prohibited in shop names.
3. Your shop name cannot contain obscene or offensive language or promote illegal activities.
4. Your shop name cannot contain the word “Etsy” or any variation of the Etsy trademark.
5. Your shop name must be unique and not infringe on trademarks or intellectual property rights.
By following these rules, you can ensure that your Etsy shop name is compliant with Etsy’s policies and guidelines.
It is also important to note that Etsy may review and possibly remove shop names that violate these rules, so it is best to choose a name that is both unique and appropriate.
What To Do After Changing Your Etsy store Name
After changing your Etsy store name, there are a few things you should do to ensure that your customers can still find you and your brand identity remains consistent:
1. Update your branding: Make sure that your new shop name is reflected on your branding materials, such as your logo, business cards, and website.
2. Update your social media profiles: If you have social media accounts for your Etsy shop, update your usernames and handles to match your new shop name.
3. Update your Etsy URL: Your Etsy URL will automatically update with your new shop name. However, if you have external links to your shop, make sure to update them.
4. Notify your customers: If you have loyal customers who frequently shop with you, send out a newsletter or post on social media to let them know about your new shop name.
5. Update your listings: Go through your listings and update your shop name where it appears in the title, description, and tags.
Following these steps ensures a smooth transition and maintains your brand identity even after changing your Etsy shop name.
Overview of What You Need To Know Before Changing Your Etsy Shop Name
In conclusion, changing your Etsy shop name can be daunting, but with careful consideration and planning, it can be done successfully. Remember to take your time to brainstorm the best name for your store, check for trademark availability, and make sure it aligns with your store’s mission and values.
Once you have changed your shop name, update your branding and notify your customers. Following these steps, you can change your Etsy shop name and take your brand to the next level. So, before you change your shop name on Etsy, make sure you know what you need to know before changing your Etsy shop name.
Scale Your Business With My Signature Etsy Course
Are you ready to take your Etsy business to the next level and turn it into a full-time income? Look no further than my Etsy Mastery Course. With years of experience as a successful Etsy seller, I have compiled all of my knowledge and expertise into this comprehensive course.
Whether you’re just starting out on Etsy or you’re looking to scale your existing business, my course covers everything you need to know. From setting up your shop and creating eye-catching listings to optimizing for SEO and marketing your products, I’ll guide you through each step of the process.
But my course isn’t just about the basics – I’ll also dive into advanced strategies for scaling your business and increasing your sales. Learn how to leverage social media, create a strong brand, and take advantage of Etsy’s features to maximize your success.
Don’t just take my word for it – my students have seen real results from my course. With personalized support and a community of fellow Etsy sellers, you’ll have everything you need to succeed.
So what are you waiting for? Check out my Signature Etsy Course today and start building the business of your dreams.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment