In today’s blog post, I am going to share how to increase Etsy sales in 2021. I am going to share 8 ways to gain repeat loyal customers for your Etsy shop. By applying these simple steps it will help you retain current customers and encourage them to continue doing business for life.
Did you know in business there are 3 fundamentals strategies to grow and survive: generate new leads, converting more leads into sales, and retaining customers by encouraging them to continue doing business for life.
So, how do you exactly get repeated customers to do business with you again? Let’s go over all eight tips
- Etsy Seller App: Download the Etsy Seller App, it lets you easily manage your business on the go. You’ll be able to respond to customers, see your shop stats, and manage your orders. The best part of the app is being able to see any messages from potential buyers and not missing an opportunity to provide great customer service and potentially close out the sale.
- Respond to inquiries as quickly as possible: How quickly you respond to customer inquiries can have an impact on your sales. It’s important to respond as quickly as possible not only to possibly get the sale but it’s one of the core attributes of customer service. I have had so many sales from simply responding to an inquiry in a fast-timely manner.
- Fix your mistakes: If you find yourself making a mistake is important to fix it and take ownership. Transparency is important in a business and it’s okay to say, we made a mistake, and here are the steps we’re talking about to fix it. Always strive to go out of your way by not only providing a resolution to fix the issue but offering something of value. Maybe you can waive the shipping fee or throw in something extra in the order as a thank you.
- Go the extra mile: Another great way to build loyal customers is going the extra mile. Make it a habit of going the extra mile with every customer it will help you beat the competition and keep yourself on the radar for future business.
Here are some examples of how you can go the extra mile:
– Be proactive by following-up with any issues
– Respond quickly to inquiries
– Show appreciation by saying thanking your new customers after a sale
– Always deliver more than expected
– Make it personal by responding to your customers by first name
– Prioritize your customers’ time
– Say thank you even when they don’t buy from you
– Be generous to your most loyal customers
– Show empathy when needed
– Don’t wait for opportunities to keep in touch with your customers
– Sent out a thank you card
– Show interest in people
– Focus on the customers’ needs
– Always respond with a positive attitude
5. Thanking your customers: I am sure you’ve heard of sending thank you cards to customers is a great way to make a positive impression and an easy way to show appreciation. Many Etsy Sellers miss the opportunity to build loyal customers by not taking the time to say thank you. A thank you note is such an effective way to provide excellent customer service without taking up a lot of time and effort.
6. Show Empathy: Learning to be empathetic will help you provide excellent customer service and make you stand out from your competitors. When a customer has a problem with an order is your job to make them feel heard, respected, and understood.
Here are some steps you can take to show empathy and win over the customer:
– Recap everything the customer just told you so they know you understand
– Make it your problem
– Allow them to vent
– Be respectful of their feelings when responding
– Put yourself in the customer’s shoes
– Meet their expectations
– Show that you care
– Thank them for allowing you to resolve their issues
– Ask questions to better help
– Find a resolution
– Give options and suggestions
– Go the extra mile
7. Offer suggestions: Another way to take your customer service to the next level is by offering other products or services after a sale. If you have a customer who just recently purchase a wedding sign from your shop it’s a great practice to let them know you have matching items that go with that particular product. It doesn’t always guarantee a sale but it’s a way of ensuring great customer service and possibly getting upsales.
8. Ask for feedback: If you want to grow your Etsy business, you need to seek input from others. It doesn’t matter if you feel like you’re doing an exceptional job there is always room for improvement. Ask your customers for feedback and be clear that you want honest feedback and do your best to understand things from their perspective and not take it personally.
By following all of these tips it will help you gain repeated customers for your Etsy shop. Let me know in the comments below if you have any additional tips you can share that I didn’t mention. And don’t forget to share this video if you found it valuable. Thanks for watching!
Let me know if you found this post helpful. And if you haven’t already, make sure you check out our FREE resources!
- Follow me on Instagram: @nancybadillo13
- Check out my YouTube HERE for more tips
- Join my FREE Facebook Group Daily Etsy Seller Tips
Rooting for you!
P.S. Have you attended my free masterclass yet to help you scale your Etsy business to the next level with my 4 step framework for a profitable Etsy shop. If not, CLICK HERE to register before seats fill up.