Are you thinking of starting an Etsy business for 2020? In this post, I will go over what to sell on Etsy in 2020 and which categories are the best.
Let’s get started!
You probably want to sell on Etsy because you are a creative soul that wants to earn a living from doing stuff that you love. Before you decide on what you’re going to sell on Etsy you should ask yourself the following questions:
- What do you enjoy creating?
- What inspires you?
- What can you spend hours doing everyday?
- How can you take your passion and profit from it?
Get started right away with our library of free Etsy worksheets, checklists, and resources and receive occasional emails on Etsy Tips! Click here to join our Handmade Boss Community!
Define Your Niche
The next step before you opening your Etsy shop, its essential to identify your niche. I recommend choosing a niche that will set you apart from other Etsy shops and that you’re passionate about. If you aren’t passionate about your niche, you will most likely quit and and not put the required effort needed to build a thriving successful shop. Basically you’ll need to take your passion and find a niche for it.
Things to keep in mind when defining your niche:
- Make sure to pick a niche that has a high-demand, not too broad, or too narrow.
- Are you tackling a competitive niche but you don’t have sufficient time to dedicate to it?
- Treat your online business like any other business.
- Invest all the necessary time to find the best niche concept for your Etsy shop.
- Research other Etsy shops that have been open for a minimum of one year and measured their success.
If you’re having a hard time deciding on a niche find inspiration using Craft Count. This is a free tool that you can track top Etsy sellers in every category and get inspired. You can also take a look at my latest post how to write Etsy Title and Tags to get found in the search results!
Make sure to join my Etsy Youtube channel here!
What To Sell On Etsy
- Digital Prints are a great way to make passive income.
2. Jewelry is one the top categories on Etsy. You can make a nice living selling all sorts of Jewelry on Etsy.
3. Clothing is another hot contender on Etsy.
4. Toys and Games are another great category for Etsy. If you currently handcraft toys then Etsy is the place to be.
5. Kids and Babies category are popular and trending items on Etsy.
6. The Vintage category is dedicated to featuring all sorts of older or antique items.
7. The Sticker category has grown in the past couple of years on Etsy.
8. The vinyl and heat transfer supplies is another hot category on Etsy.
I hope this list helps you on your Etsy journey in choosing a niche to get started on Etsy in 2020. Let me know in the comment section below!